Gold Coast Printer Services
A basic first aid kit checklist
Gold Coast Printer Services. You can customise your first aid kit depending on the activities you do. A basic first aid kit checklist might include:
- crepe bandages of varying widths
- hypoallergenic (skin) tape
- triangular bandages
- adhesive dressing strips (such as bandaids) in different sizes
- gauze swabs
- combine dressing pads (10cm x 10cm)
- non-stick dressing pads (7.5cm x 10cm)
- sterile eye pad
- alcohol swabs
- stainless steel scissors (sharp/blunt) 12.5cm
- disposable gloves
- stainless steel pointed splinter forceps (tweezers)
- shock (thermal) blanket
- safety pins
- notepad and permanent marker
- sterile saline tubes/sachets
- disposable resuscitation face shield
- antiseptic skin swabs
- stop itch cream
- first aid booklet
How do I customise my kit? Gold Coast Printer Services.
Once you have assembled a basic first aid kit, you can customise it according to its intended use. For example, if it is:
For use at home — add extra items according to the number of people in your home and their age, such as thick crepe bandages if you have older children who play sport or for use as a pressure immobilisation bandage
For the car or caravan — add a highly reflective (day/night) safety triangle and vest as you may be near a road and traffic
For camping — add heavy crepe bandages, instant cold packs, disposable poncho, plastic bags, whistle, compass, torch and glow stick
For use on a boat — add a disposable poncho, plastic bags, whistle and glow stick. If you are boating in waters where marine stingers are present, include vinegar to pour over potential stings. Gold Coast Printer Service.
For babies — add extra items such as a digital thermometer, basic pain reliever medications (such as paracetamol or ibuprofen) and plastic syringes for accurate dosing.
For known medical conditions — add extra items, such as medicines and or equipment you normally use to manage the condition.